Monday, May 6, 2013

It's Ok

Have you ever seen the sun reflected off the underside of pine needles? Such small things. Small things that remind you God is here.  

I used to struggle With the thought that God loves me. Having learned that I must work for God's approval, I tried until I realized that I would never reach the standard that was required of me.  It took me the better part of my life to learn that God holds no rules over me.  I am free to choose as I will.  I have learned some of my choices have dire consequences and that most decisions are not a matter of right and wrong but rather an opportunity to learn what I prefer.  

If you are one who is trying to decide what is best for you and have been begging God to show you but there is no answer, perhaps he is trying to tell you that it's ok to choose as you will, to choose what you would prefer. If your decision does not work out, then you have learned something about yourself. You have learned one thing you don't like and are more knowledgeable about making a better choice next time. Perhaps you don't know the choices to make because you don't know yourself.  And if you don't know yourself,  how could you know which choice is best for you?  Therefore, I encourage you to quit praying and start deciding. You'll figure things out in no time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment